I have to admit, I never thought there would be a day I would say that I LOVE Asparagus! I tried it a few months back, and I NEVER would of thought Id have a new found love like I did cookies! So one night for dinner, I thought Hmm, let’s try something different and add Chicken. So in 7 simple ingredients here is the recipe.
Please Note: This is an archived post that was imported from my previous website www.simplyty.com some opinions, names, may be different from that of today. Images may vary and links may no longer exist or clickable, if you come across an error please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Creamy Chicken & Asparagus
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- 1 lb Asparagus spears (ends trimmed & roots removed)
- 1 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup light olive oil
- 1 packet broccoli soup mix
- 2-3 tbcp Garlic/Herb or Chicken seasoning
- ¾ cup water (for broccoli soup mix)
- 2 tbsp water (for asparagus)
- First, Take your chicken and coat lightly into the seasoning mix.
- Next, on medium-high preheat a large Saute pan. Add Olive oil, then add Chicken.
- Cook chicken 5-6 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add 2Tbs water. Arrange Asparagus spears on top of chicken and cover. Cook 7-8 Mins or until Asparagus spears are tender (they will turn a different shade of green) and chicken reaches internal temp 165°F. Once cooked, transfer Asparagus spears to serving tray. Take chicken and dice into bite/nugget size and top Asparagus.
- Now, Lets make the sauce. Whisk together the ¾ cup water, greek yogurt, and broccoli soup mix in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Once sauce thickens, spoon over Asparagus & Chicken then serve.